Phoenix and Central Arizona
On this page you will learn more about property taxes in Phoenix, Maricopa...
Tucson and Southern Arizona
Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi optio cumque nihil impedit...
Flagstaff and Northern Arizona
Aliquet tellus cras, arcu accumsan lorem in, vestibulum dolor mus, suscipit...
Limit Property Taxes in Arizona
Mauris faucibus velit ac lorem. Aliquam auctor laoreet erat. Phasellus luctus...
Who we are:
Arizona needs a fresh start on property tax laws.
We are Arizona citizen activists who know that any significant property tax law change has to come from us, the citizens.
We need major change. Not just tinkering around the edges of the current laws. Major change. And it’s not going to come from the Legislature.
There are some good people in the Legislature. There just aren’t enough of them to affect the change we need. The legislative votes aren’t there.
We citizen activists must do it through the Citizens Initiative process.
Did you Know
- Arizona has the most complicated and complex property tax system in the nation.
- Arizona is the only state with primary and secondary property taxes.
- Passage of Limit Property Taxes will require a new school funding formula.
- When valuations decline tax rates automatically rise to assure no taxing district receives less tax revenue than the prior year.
- Arizona property taxes only go up unless bond issues are retired or overrides are allowed to expire.
Taxing districts decide how much they want to spend, then look at the total value of property in their district, divide one by the other, come up with a tax rate, apply it to your valuation, and send you your part of the bill. Government’s desire to spend drives the process.
Direct press inquiries to:
Limit Property Taxes
Prop 13 Arizona, Chairman
Arizona - LIMIT PROPERTY TAXES - A Citizens Initiative.